Sunday, February 5, 2012

This and That

Here it is February already.  My birthday(Jan. 28) has come and gone.  Just relaxed at home and stitched some.  Had several birthday wishes on Face Book and in my yahoo groups.  I want to thank those you wished me a happy birthday....it was greatly appreciated.

Right now I am watching the Super Bowl while I am stitching.  I started on a new Christmas project called Peace on Earth.  It will be a quick stitch...it is mainly bells with the saying, 'Peach on Earth Good Will to Men.'  It was one of the kits that I was able to save.

You know how those who have had a limb amputated and they have phantom pains....that's how I am with the stash that I had lost in the move....I still have kits calling to me even though I no longer have them in my possession.   I did find an extra Last Supper in the kits that I rescued so I will be working on it this year.  Only thing it will not be on the 28ct. Laguna like I was doing the other one but it will be on the beige 14ct. Aida.

I went to Rent a Center and rented a TV as well as a washer and dryer.  I thought my TV wasn't working so I decided to rent one.  Turned out that the DVR was bad and was causing the TV to turn off and on all the time.  I don't know if I will have them pick up the new TV or not...I really like it as it is HD and has a DVD player built into it.
I used my washer and dryer for the first time today....boy do I need to get used to all the bells and whistles on it.  I have to learn when the rinse cycle is ready for me to put in the fabric softener.  I got use to my other washer where I put everything in at the beginning of the wash cycle.  I may go back to using Bounce dryer sheets...don't know yet.
Now I need to get a bed...I have been sleeping on the couch the last couple of weeks.  The couch is okay but when you have to share it with a chihuahua and sometimes a large black cat...it can get to be uncomfortable and crowded.  I was going to rent a bed but it would have made my rent payment to much and I figured the TV was important so I could stitch while watching it.  I would listen to audio books but something is wrong with my CD player on my radio.  And the door on my CD player on my stereo won't open so I don't have a working CD player right now.

It's funny how I remember things I forgot to pack and bring over to the apartment.  Everyday, I think of something new that I forgot but there is nothing I can do about it now as it is all gone.  I am getting use to going up and down 3 flights of stairs.  I am hardly breathing heavy when I reach my apartment.  Soon I will be able to work out in the work out room that is on the premises.  And when it gets to be a lot warmer, I will use the pool....first I need to get a swimming suit.  I will still be a bit uncomfortable in one but I hope to lose enough weight that it won't be a problem.

Well, that's all I can think of to write so I guess I will close.  I am going to go back to watching the Super Bowl and stitch   Until next time, God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are getting all settled Connie!

    I use the Bounce Bar. You put it in your dryer and it works for a few months and even tells you when it is time to change it. You can also try listening yo your CDs on your computer; that is what I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you that your move is over and your settling in..

    ReplyDelete