Thursday, January 26, 2012

Finally...

I am in my new apartment.  I have busy unpacking and that is why I haven't written anything lately.  But now that I have taken a breather, I decided I better update you all with the latest news.

I haven't stitched much this past week due to me moving but the sad part  of me moving was I had to leave most of my cross stitch stash behind.  Also a lot of my books.  I just didn't have the room for it all even though I am in a 2 bedroom apartment.  I did get to bring a few kits along but most of my challenge projects were left behind.  So now I will just work on the ones I have started and try and finish them this year and forget the challenge.

My animals did make it over although I was wondering about Midnight.  Sunday the 22nd when I was all moved in and brought the animals over, Midnight decided to hide.  I couldn't find him anywhere in the house.  So we brought over Kiddo(my chihuahua) and Shadow( my other black cat) both of them in cages.  I left them in the cages while we went back to the house to see if Midnight came out of hiding.  He still wasn't to be found so we waited a little bit.  Finally, he came out of hiding and I put him in his cage and brought him over to the apartment.  Then I let all 3 animals out of their cages.  Midnight ran and hid under the couch and didn't come out for 24 hours.  Shadow snooped around and settled right in and Kiddo did the same although Kiddo did follow me around everywhere.

I left most of my furniture at the house including my king size bed which made me very upset.  My son wouldn't move the bed for me and I couldn't move it by myself.  So it stayed.  So I have been sleeping on the couch this past week until I can get a bed.  I also left my washer and dryer at the house but I don't think we would have been able to get them up the 3 flights of stairs that we have to go up.  It was hard enough to get the couch up them as well as all the boxes.
I had the cable hooked up and my TV decided to stop working.  So I am renting to own a TV and a washer and dryer.  I need to get a Hi-Def DVR for the TV so I am watching DVD's because I got a combo TV/DVD.  Turns out, my old TV works but it was the DVR that was bad.  So I am going to keep both TV's and move one into my bedroom where I can watch TV and DVD's since it is also a combo one.

There is a lot about apartment life that I have forgotten about.  It's been close to 38 years since I have lived in an apartment.  They had to replace the microwave because the one that was here didn't work.  It was so nice that I didn't have to buy a new one because the old one didn't work.  I like the idea if something goes wrong, I just go to the office and tell them about it and they put in a work order and it gets fixed. 

Well, that's all I can think of to tell you all.  I hope the next time I will have some pictures of my stitching to post or maybe my new apartment, who knows.  Until next time, God Bless.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you are all moved in! To bad you couldn't fit in everything from your house BUT now you get to start buying stash and the other stuff you need and it will truly be like starting over ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like the apartment living....Sad that you had to leave some of you stuff behind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you will like it in the new apartment but sucks that you couldn't bring everything with you.

    ReplyDelete